OMOKOROA NO.1 SCHOOLInternational Student Programme
OMOKOROA No.1 SCHOOL
Omokoroa No.1 School welcomes International Students to our school and community.
We prepare our students for a future in a global culture, international students help our community broaden their horizons and engage in a celebration of cultural diversity.
Omokoroa No.1 School has agreed to and adheres to the NZ Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice 2016 published by the Minister of Education. Copies of the Code are available from Omokoroa No.1 School or can be viewed on the New Zealand Qualifications Authority here.
Our school ensures International Students:
- feel secure using their home language(s) in any school situation
- can fully participate in classroom and school-wide activities
- have access to an ESOL programme which accelerates their learning;
- have their progress, including achievements, closely monitored and used for ongoing learning.
OMOKOROA No.1 SCHOOL OFFERS:
Omokoroa No.1 School is a rural school offering a unique learning experience for international students from year 1 (5 years of age) up to year 8 (12-13 years of age). We cover the New Zealand primary and intermediate education curriculum.
- An engaging, unique learning experience.
- Experienced and driven educators.
- A focus on technology in a modern education setting.
- Supportive kiwi families.
- In class music, skills extension and singing opportunities.
- On-site dedicated ESOL teacher.
- Acceleration options.
- We celebrate cultural diversity.
- Education outside the classroom.
- Wild About New Zealand experiences.
- Sporting events and academy opportunities (golf, soccer etc).
WE CAN ALSO PROVIDE SUPPORT WITH:
- Assistance with local agents.
About Omokoroa & Tauranga
- Omokoroa is a small, rural township, 20 minutes from Tauranga City.
- Tauranga City provides all required amenities, shopping, malls, services and domestic airport.
- 2.5 Hours from Auckland, New Zealand’s largest city.
- 2.5 Hours to North Island Skifields.
- Home to some of New Zealad’s finest beaches and the gateway to the Coromandel Peninsula.
- 1 Hour to Rotorua, 2 Hours to Taupo.
Play and Green Space
Contact No.1 School
Telephone: (07) 548 0755
School Hours: M-F: 8am – 3pm